Thursday, September 2, 2021

9/2/2021

 I had this thought tonight as I drove home by myself with my head full of thoughts.


I am not afraid of the unknown because I'm afraid I can't do hard things, I'm afraid because I have. 

At least for me, when I get to the other side of a difficult trial, a mountain so to speak, it feels good to be past it. However, when a similar mountain comes again, my heart muscles, my emotions, my very being remembers what it took, the almost breaking points and shrinks back but wanting to go there again. Sometimes the bitter cups bring the sweetest rewards, but the taste is still so familiar that I cannot forget. I do not want swallow what it holds, pay the price for a hopeful happy ending. The plot twist, the good and unexpected, soul--stretching events, 


No comments:

Post a Comment